S’mores Pudding Pie
S’mores Pudding Pie
ice cream sandwich pie (diet-friendly)
Apple Pie Ice Cream with Caramel Sauce and Candied Cornflakes
- 1 cup milk 100 g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 medium sized apple pie (from your local bakery or frozen)
- 1 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 70 g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tsp (heaped) cornflour
- 2 tbs cream
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbs corn syrup
For the ice cream:
- Heat milk in a small saucepan while beating your egg yolks and sugar in a separate bowl. If the apple pie your using is frozen this is a good time to place it in the oven.
- Once warmed, slowly pour the hot milk over the yolk/sugar mixture whilst stirring constantly. This is to temper your eggs.
- Pour the mixture pack into the saucepan and heat, whilst stirring, until it becomes a thick custard. Ensure you do this slowly or you’ll end up with sugary scrambled eggs.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for half an hour. Add the vanilla, cream and stir to combine. Crumble your pie into the mixture.
- Put in the refrigerator to cool overnight, or at least 6 hours.
- The following day strain your mixture to separate the creme anglaise from the apple pie pieces. With a fork, mash the leftover apple pie pieces into a very vague puree and combine once again with creme anglaise.
- Prepare in ice cream maker as per manufacturer’s instructions.
For the caramel sauce:
- Combine butter and sugar in a saucepan and stir over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to bowl then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Combine water, golden syrup and cornflour in a separate bowl. Add to brown sugar mixture and stir to combine. Bring to boil, reduce heat and summer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream.
For the candied cornflakes:
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until combined and sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and add cornflakes. Stir until cornflakes are completely covered in syrup and turn out onto baking paper and allow to dry.
- Once dried, break into shards as a lovely garnish.
- With a warm ice cream scoop, place a few spoons of ice cream in adorable bowls. Top with generous servings of caramel sauce and adorn with candied cornflakes.
vegan veggie pot pie soup.
farmer’s cheese pies: recipe here
chocolate pumpkin pie: recipe here
Fried Apple Pies
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups peeled apples, chopped to 1/2” squares
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- big pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In the bowl of your food processor, combine the flour, salt, and sugar by pulsing 3 times. Cut up the butter into large chunks, and add to the flour. Pulse several times, until the mixture is sandy and crumbly. Drizzle in the ice water, and pulse 2 or 3 times until the dough just holds together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a 6” disc. Wrap the disc tight in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Combine the apples, cider, sugar, zest and juice, and salt, and cook over medium heat. The mixture will bubble, and cook down. After about 15 minutes the apples will soften, but still have a little texture. Stir in the flour and cook for a minute or two more. Remove from heat and set filling aside to cool.
- Either in an electric skillet, deep fryer, or heavy-bottomed pan with deep sides, heat a neutral cooking oil to 350 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface roll 1/3 of the dough into a 10 – 12” oval. To make the first two pies, cut the oval in half, and carefully pile 1/3 cup of filling on one half of each semi-circle. Quickly wet the edges, and fold over, pressing each into a turnover shape. Seal the edges with the tines of a fork. Fry the pies for a total of 3 – 4 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Remove from oil when the pies are a deep golden brown. Place on a stack of paper towels, dust with confectioners sugar and serve. Follow these steps for the other four pies.
the perfect buttery pie crust: howto here
hello kitty apple pocket pies.
cheesecake, pumpkin, and pecan pie all in one.
mini pumpkin cheesecakes with caramel pecan topping.
Apple pie in an apple
come to me
pumpkin pie pop tarts.
fruit loop pie.