chocolate hazelnut cake with chocolate praline crunch.
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 heaping tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 2-4 tbsp light coconut milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- In a food processor, blend nuts for 2-3 minutes. They will become heated and almost start to liquefy.
- Add other ingredients and 2 Tbsp. of the coconut milk. Process until the mixture forms one big clump.
- Remove mixture from food processor and stir in 1-2 additional Tbsp. of coconut milk and stir vigorously for desired texture. Pop into an airtight container and store in fridge.
chocolate hazelnut smoothie.
chocolate kahlua cake with salted chocolate hazelnut buttercream.
truffled brussel sprouts with hazelnuts.
celeriac and lentils with hazelnuts and mint.
homemade pesto with figs and toasted hazelnuts.
Dark Chocolate, Cinnamon, and Hazelnut Truffles
- 450g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 1 ¼ cups (300ml) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 40 hazelnuts, roasted (Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray and roast in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven for 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Place the hot hazelnuts in the fold of a tea towel and rub back and forth to remove the skins.)
- 1 cup (90g) cocoa powder
- Place the chocolate, cream and cinnamon in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Pour into a lightly buttered 1 liter-capacity dish and set aside to cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into rough balls. Press a hazelnut into the middle and roll to enclose.
- Place the cocoa on a baking tray, place the truffles on the tray and gently shake to coat.