Strawberry Cereal Milk Pop by Bitter-Sweet- on Flickr.
all in one: smoked turkey, mushrooms, peppers, egg and whole wheat toast cups
recipe at the source!
Robot Heart Recipes Test Kitchen: 10 Easy Vegetarian Breakfasts
So even though your kitchen may find itself abuzz with holiday food prep and cookie baking this week, you (and your house guests) still need to eat breakfast, right? Here is a list of Robot Heart Recipes Test Kitchen Approved quick, easy, and healthy vegetarian (some are vegan too!) breakfast ideas to keep your holiday motor running!
Berries with Cashew Cream and Granola
Breakfast Quinoa with Blueberries
Fig and Flax Muesli
Mediterranean Tofu Scramble
Millet with Pineapple, Coconut, and Flaxseed
Peanut Butter French Toast
Santa Fe Breakfast Burrito
Southwestern Style Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
Strawberry and Goat Cheese English Muffin
Toast with Cinnamon-Almond Butter and Sliced Pears
Breakfast Banana Split
makes 1 serving
- 1 ripe yet firm banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fruit jam or preserves
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds or other nuts
- Handful fresh berries or cherries
- Split the banana lengthwise and lay the two halves in a shallow bowl. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the yogurt and put it on top of the banana. Warm the jam in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds or until it is very runny. Use a spoon to drizzle the jam over the yogurt, and sprinkle the nuts over everything. Top with the berries or cherries, and dig in!
Cinnamon-Crumble Jam Coffee Cake
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, spices and salt. Using a fork or two knives, cut the cold butter into the dry mixture until crumbs form. Set aside while you make the cake batter.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, or 6 tablespoons milk plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar
- 1/4 cup jam of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and grease an 8x8” square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a larger bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, then add the egg. Add the dry ingredients and milk alternately, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Scrape half of the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Spoon dollops of the jam over the batter and spread it as evenly as you can, then top with the rest of the batter. Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture on top and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Stored at room temperature, this cake keeps for 3 days.
spinach and mushroom scrambled egg wrap.
ham and egg crepe squares: recipe here
smoked salmon, poached egg, and avocado english muffin.
double chocolate pancakes.
vegan tempeh breakfast sandwich.
pumpkin granola with cranberries and almonds.
New Favorite Breakfast
Really simple, looks like…